The polyurea is an anti-corrosive, anti-abrasive, non-slip and extremely durable coating, due to its mechanical properties and its chemical qualities; tolerate damages arising various acids and alkaline chemicals and petroleum based products.
Polyurea has an excellent performance and is qualified as a stable membrane leaves bridges and its application is in situ (field) with latest technology machinery.
There is a difference between 100% pure polyurea, polyurethane and a "hybrid" (mix).
Mechanically and chemically very different behaviors occur, polyurea long excursions may range from a high resistance to abrasion, while the polyurethane provides good chemical resistance properties.
From the viewpoint of the molecular structure, the polyurea is that generated only by the union of amines and diisocyanates in the reaction forming the urea bond.
Contact us to learn more about this material and service of industrial coatings.
- On the one hand, pure polyurea formulation is based on polyamines, which gives moisture at the time of the application properties of strength, since the polyamines react before water. Furthermore, hybrid Polyurethane polyureas can not be applied in the presence of water.
- Second, the mixed polyurea is easier to apply, less resistance and should be applied more thick, should have a shorter life. In contrast, normal polyurea is very complicated to implement, and requires more resistant thinner, should have a longer life. Of course, there are aspects in common; for example, the best way to compare life is with the abrasion test. And neither can contain cracks.
In that case if cracks are few pieces of fiber can be used to prevent the advance of these and this can include no cost, but would have to assess how many are.
- Third with mixed polyurea application is simpler, as it applies manually with rubber trowel. However, to apply pure polyurea, BDL uses a reactor for hotmelt.
- Fourth, in laboratory tests it was concluded that pure polyurea is significantly more hybrid polyurea elongation on one side with a resistance of 31 kg / cm2 with an elongation of 44 to 80%. Compared to values between 300 and 500% elongation according to the traditional polyurea.
- Fifth, MPA resistance is 6.91 MPa on average; however, pure polyurea, according to the product information sheet is above 21 MPa. This is because the hybrid polyurea is the result of a simple and pure chemical mixture is a hot melt of two materials.
As for the quality control of pure polyurea provides greater assurance of satisfaction and a quick and effective response to new challenges.