Upon injection, the concrete must have at least 28 days old. The surface of the concrete, a minimum width of 5 cm along the crack must be sound, clean and free of loose material or any substance that prevents the proper application and adequate adhesive surface seal. If the concrete is coated stucco along the crack at a minimum width of 5 cm on each side of it is completely eliminated.
If the inside of the crack contains dirt or elements that prevent good adhesion of the resin injection, an internal cleansing with water and pressurized air is performed after placing the seal surface.
Seal surface with Adcos CARBOSTRIP
Mixing Adcos CARBOSTRIP
The contents of the containers of component A (resin) and component B (hardener) in the mixing vessel is totally mixed up, shaking manually or mechanically for 3 to 5 minutes until well blended.
Only the amount of material that can be applied within the pot-life period to mix. If the volume injected is less than that deliver containers, can be subdivided CARBOSTRIP Adcos components strictly respecting the above mixture ratio.
Fixing nozzles and surface sealing .
The following sequence shall be :
- Injection nozzles ( entry points) will be available on the surface along the crack. The distance between these points should not exceed the thickness of the element or the depth of the crack . If the crack are transferred from one place to another , in the case of walls placed nozzles on both sides at staggered heights , and in the case of slabs previously seal the crack in the bottom surface with Adcos CARBOSTRIP .
- Will seal the crack surface throughout its length and around the nozzles CARBOSTRIP Adcos adhesively . If the concrete surface is weak , it will sting a V-groove along the crack with a minimum depth of 1 cm, or until there is firm and sound concrete , then fix the nozzles and fill the space created with the same product .
- Once hardened sealant material to leave what is generally 24 hours elapse , verify that there is an open system with compressed air through all the points . This procedure also serves to expel any dust , water or other contaminants from the crack , and to verify this total confinement .
Application Adcos CARBOSTRIP
Mixing Adcos CARBOSTRIP
The contents of the containers of component A (resin) and component B (hardener) in the mixing bowl, stir in manually or mechanically for 3 minutes until a homogeneous mixture is completely mixed.
Only the amount of material that can be applied within the pot-life period is mixed. If the volume injected is less than that deliver containers, can be subdivided CARBOSTRIP Adcos components strictly respecting the above mixture ratio.
Adcos CARBOSTRIP must be injected into the crack at a constant pressure to achieve a complete filling and crack penetration without incorporating air or voids in the epoxy resin.
The following sequence is followed:
- Pump Adcos CARBOSTRIP starting with the lowest point of every crack and continue until the adhesive begins to exit point adjacent entry . To continue the injection should ensure that the resin has completely filled the gap between the two points.
- Seal the first point and start the next injection until the resin re- emerge in the next paragraph .
- If the crack traverses the total element must verify further that the adhesive begins to flow opposite the closest point on the other side of the element. Seal the opposite point and keep injecting according to the procedure described . If the adhesive does not flow from the opposite side , it must inject the element on both sides.
- If you have points which did not penetrate , or where there appears the resin , it must be a record of what happened for further evaluation by the Inspectorate.
- The sequence will continue to inject all of the crack.
Once cured resin injection, will be removed by abrasive disk or other mechanical method the surface seal and give completion to the side of the crack in the same plane as the adjacent concrete. They must be indentations or protrusions entry points.
To verify that the resin injection is properly penetrated into the crevice, it may
extraers witnesses whose number and location will be indicated by the Planner or the Inspection.
The depth of penetration of the resin Adcos CARBOSTRIP must be determined by observation of the witnesses.